What Course Numbers Mean

100: introductory

200: often a strange intermediate level between “introductory” and “advanced”, but sometimes just a more specialised introductory course.

300: generalist advanced course. Generally for upperclassmen (or, at least, sophomores) but if you’re keen on your subject then you can take them from freshman year.

400: specialised advanced course. Emphatically not more difficult than 300-level courses, just less general.

500: graduate level course. Can actually be quite fun, and lets you interact with a different crowd—-graduate students are sometimes less competitive and more fun to have class with than undergrads, although you do need to have enough academic confidence not to feel overwhelmed in class.

Posted on 1286739278|%A: %d %B, %Y|agohover.
Like this entry?

rating: 0+x